Following the national guidelines on boda bodas by the Covid-19 emergency task force, we are adjusting our rules in Machakos with the following guidelines THAT MUST BE ADHERED TO:
- Boda Bodas, Marutis and Tuk Tuks will now be allowed to operate in Machakos County starting from Tuesday, March 31st, 2020 at 6 am.
- All Boda Boda drivers MUST wear HELMETS and masks.
- All Tuk Tuk drivers and passengers to wear masks and ONLY TWO passengers per Tuk Tuk. The passengers MUST SIT far apart.
- Marutis to carry a maximum of FOUR people including the driver. That is THREE PASSENGERS and ONE DRIVER at any particular time.
- Drivers/Riders and Passengers who defy these directives will be dealt with according to the law.
The idea is to protect lives, adhere to existing road regulations and keep Coronavirus at Bay.
Dr. Alfred N. Mutua, E.G.H
Governor of Machakos &
Party Leader of Maendeleo Chap Chap Party
March 30th, 2020