Process of application for development
THE CASE OF BUILDING PLANS, SUB-DIVISIONS, CHANGE OF USERS, ETC
- Before submitting the building plans, sub-division of land, change of users etc for approval;
- The licensed physical planner/architect on behalf of the developer fills the PPA 1 forms.
- The PPA 1 forms are signed and stamped by the architects/practicing physical planner on behalf of the client.
- The signed forms are attached to the planning briefs, the architectural drawings (5 copies) with ownership documents (copy of the title and official search.
- The above filled up form with applications for development are brought back to the office for scrutiny and issuance of invoices for payment to Machakos County Government.
- The official payments are based on plot coverage and magnitude of the project. However, some fees are uniform across the board
e.g Application 1,500/=
Fire extinguisher 7,000/=
All other payments vary from one individual project to another and
this depends on the area covered by the proposed project.
The public health payments also depends on the magnitude of the
Project, so it is not uniform for all the developments
- The approvals and PPA2s are granted within 7 days after the payment of government statutory fees and given back to the owner to start the development.
PLANNING OFFICER – MACHAKOS SUB-COUNTY