Today I chaired the National Governing Council (NGC) meeting of the Maendeleo Chap Chap party in Nairobi.
The day-long meeting deliberated on various matters touching on the party and its growth.
In order to enhance service delivery and in the spirit of strengthening and revamping our structures, the National Governing Council made the following resolutions:
1. That the party’s National Delegates Conference (NDC) will be held on 17th February 2022.
2. That Maendeleo Chap Chap party will field candidates for all elective positions at all levels including:
• Women representative
• Member of Parliament
• Member of County Assembly
3. In order to revamp and re- energize the party in preparation for massive national campaigns ahead of the 2022 elections, the NGC made the following interim changes to the National Executive Council.
Hon. Wilfred Nyamu, Advocate of the High Court of Kenya – Acting Secretary General
Hon. Mahat Hassan Rashid, Elected MCA, Wajir County – Vice Chairman
Hon. Kendi Laichena, Nominated MCA, Meru County Assembly – National Treasurer
Hon. John Ruoho, Elected MCA, Murang’a County – National Organizing Secretary
Mrs. Sitato Magelo, former National Director of MSEs, Chamber of Commerce – Women Representative
4. The NGC reaffirmed the commitment of the party to support my candidature for Presidency in 2022. It is our strong belief that we have all that it takes to win the Presidency and transform this country. I will thus be requesting our partners and patriotic Kenyans to support my bid for the sake of national renewal and people centered leadership.
5. In futherance of the Presidential agenda, I will be launching my Presidential manifesto sometimes this week. Our party believes in action based on ideas and policies and not merely seeking power for the self serving reasons. That is why I will be launching my manifesto, so that Kenyans can see for themselves what I plan to do for them. We don’t want empty rhetoric.
6. The NGC decided that MCC cannot work in isolation. The party will thus engage in a structured manner with like minded leaders and political parties in the spirit of handshake, through the AZIMIO la UMOJA movement and other similar fora to unite Kenyans, foster accelerated development and form the next Government.
7. As part of our preparedness ahead of the 2022 Gen elections, the party invites persons who wish to vie for elective positions across Kenya to a meeting on Dec 9th, 2021. The venue will be communicated in due course of time.
Thank you, God bless MCC and God Bless Kenya.